Friday, February 27, 2009

Jeannies Journey ended this morning at 10:20am. She was surrounded by her loved ones. There were tears shed by all as she departed, most were tears of relief and joy that her pain and suffering were over.

Jeannie was still teaching us right up to the end. She never was angry or grumpy over her situation. And as awful as she felt she never had a cross word for anyone.

One night Shirley told her how brave and amazing she was as she endured this trial. She whispered in her ear that there were millions of people going through the same thing and she wasn't all that special.

Her beautiful daughters put it best when we first got the horrible news about their mother. They chose to have gratitude. Gratitude that they weren't five years old when they lost their mother, gratitude that their mother had been able to stay home and be there for them every day after school. Gratitude that she had seen all her grandchildren and had spent so much time with each of them. Gratitude that she lived. Even though she was leaving us before we wanted we are grateful that we had time to say goodbye to her. We are so grateful that we were able to tell her how much we loved her, how much she will be missed and how much we look forward to seeing her again.

Jeannie lived and for that we are grateful.

This last entry by Jeannie's sister, Shirley

Please join us March 5, anytime between 1-2:30 p.m., at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 2590 Trower Ave., Napa, to a see a tribute to our mother and to offer condolences to our family. A celebration of her life will be at 3 p.m. at the same location.

In lieu of flowers Lynn has asked for donations in Jeannie's name to be sent to;
Napa Valley Hospice
414 South Jefferson Street
Napa Ca, 94558
800-451-4664
707-258-9080

5 comments:

  1. Rest well Jeannie, you will be missed but always in my heart.

    Love Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaia and I have shed many tears today. I have shared with Kaia my many memories of Jeannie and what she has taught me. And as we cried, I shared with Kaia the things I will teach her that Jeannie taught me in her honor. Kaia is looking forward to learning to cook a meal....from scratch. I think we will start with mac'n cheese! [Love you Michelle and your mac'n cheese.] You all will continue to be in our prayers and your mom forever in our family's hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeannie, your laughter, love and beauty will always be a treasure in our memories. We are sad that we will no longer get to see you in this earthly life, but we know you will spread your knowledge and beauty on the other side. Be sure to call upon Steve's parents when you have the chance. We love you! Steve and Kim Pfaff

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as we would all love for Aunt Jeannie to still be with us, it's good to know she will no longer be in pain. I've learned so much about her younger days these past few months from my dad. He has told us stories that I never thought she'd be apart of. She will never be forgotten. I think Alan Jackson wrote this song about her.

    Sissy's Song by Alan Jackson

    Why did she have to go
    So young I just don't know why
    Things happen half the time
    Without reason without rhyme
    Lovely, sweet young woman
    Daughter, wife and mother
    Makes no sense to me
    I just have to believe

    She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
    By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
    And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
    And I know she's smiling saying
    Don't worry 'bout me

    Loved ones she left behind
    Just trying to survive
    And understand the why
    Feeling so lost inside
    Anger shot straight at God
    Then asking for His love
    Empty with disbelief
    Just hoping that maybe

    She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
    By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
    And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
    And I know she's smiling saying
    Don't worry 'bout me

    It's hard to say goodbye
    Her picture in my mind
    They'll always be of times I'll cherish
    And I won't cry 'cause

    She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
    By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
    And she walks with jesus and her loved ones waiting
    And I know she's smiling saying
    Don't worry 'bout me
    Don't worry 'bout me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a Hanna Somatic Educator.
    I knew Jeannie from training when I worked with her as a client (while training to be a
    Hanna Somatic Educator) and from HSE conferences.
    We always found a way to share each others company at conference.
    Jeannie, I will miss you. I will always cherish your kind and loving spirit.
    May you be blessed wherever you are in life. You will always make a difference no matter where you are.
    God bless you.
    In Love and Light

    ReplyDelete