Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We just wanted to say "THANK YOU" to everyone. Prayers, meals, cards, flowers, treats, etc.... Even though we don't see you, we know you care. Everyday here is different. Today was a great day. Monday was not so well. We are happy and grateful for the time we have had to spend with our family. This weekend we were "ALL" here. We had a good time. Telling stories, and just reflecting and reminiscing. We know she does not have much time left with us here. We are treasuring every moment. We know there are many of you that have wanted to come, but have respected her wishes to have no visitors . Having visitors is very taxing for her physically and emotionally. She has asked us to tell you that she loves and cares for you all. She too knows that you love her. She is sad she can no longer visit with loved ones and friends. We continue to read the many emails and "FAN" mail to her. We love you all, and appreciate all you do.

2 comments:

  1. Jeannie -

    This blog, this tribute to you is amazing. Although I truly do not know what to say, I know I must say something. I hope you know how many lives you have touched as I am sure they are countless. But, I also want to be sure you know that you also touched my life. My memories of you reach back so far that I cannot place them as to time but you smile, your positive attitude and your determination to have fun is clear. The happiness you carried was/is infectious and it drew me, and I am sure others, to you. It has been many years since I saw you last but your smile in my memory is as if I saw you yesterday. I will carry it with me forever as I try to be more like you. If I could leave people feeling half as good as you always left me I would be a success.

    Thank you so much for allowing your journey to be chronicled here for others to share. Thank you for allowing us to feel in a small way that we are walking this with you even if only through thought and prayer. Thank you for allowing us to witness faith, charity, family and true love. Even in your hardest moments you are touching lives everywhere. Your strong spirit shines through in every picture.

    I will continue to think of you and pray for you daily. It is not much but I hope that you feel the strength of all the prayers being offered in your behalf.

    Love - Kami Wright

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was reading Kami's post, it sparked a memory for me of how much I enjoyed having you as a seminary teacher. I remember one morning you cooked french toast for our class using french bread and it was so delicious! I've tried making french toast the same way several times but it's never as good as I remember yours. Wish I knew your secret!

    ReplyDelete