Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just a little Update

Jeannies earthly journey is nearing its last days. Hospice came yesterday, and said more than likely she will not make it through the weekend. She continues to be pain free, and is in and out of consciousness. We have enjoyed the time we have been able to spend with her in these last days. We are truly grateful for the knowledge we have that we will see her again, through the Plan of Salvation. It sure hurts knowing she won't be here for us anymore. But we know she is always with us. The knowledge we have does not take away the pain, but it sure helps take away the sting. Even in her last days, she is still teaching us many new lessons.
We are grateful for Hospice. They are truly a wonderful organization to help with her last days. We appreciate her nurse Barbara who's main concern is our mom's comfort and helping her to leave this earthly journey with dignity, comfort, and most importantly peace.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kortz Family,
    My mom just called to let me know of Jeannie's passing. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you, and I know the Lord will watch over you and comfort you at this difficult time. I am so grateful for Jeannie and the wonderful memories I have of her throughout my childhood.

    All my love,
    Lana Eide-Lilly

    ReplyDelete